1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup water
2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 (15-ounce) cans unsalted black beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can unsalted pinto beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1. Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes.
3. Add cumin; sauté 30 seconds.
4. Stir in 1 cup water and remaining ingredients.
5. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Remove 1 cup bean mixture from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Mash beans with a fork.
7. Stir mashed beans into chili. Simmer 5 minutes.
Fat 3.6 g
Sat fat 0.5 g
Monofat 2.5 g
Polyfat 0.4 g
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrate 38 g
Fiber 11 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Iron 4 mg
Sodium 655 mg
Calcium 128 mg